The Springs of Broadway is a facility in West Memphis, Arkansas, which has 26,069 people. This nursing home received an extremely poor overall rating based on the data we looked at. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
The Springs of Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Springs of Broadway has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
While this facility's overall score was terrible, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. We were not able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We wish we had more information about this facility. Without having complete information regarding deficiencies, it ended up being difficult to assess this nursing home in terms of this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home was given just a D in this category. Sadly, this proved to be its second best grade. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Given its score in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs of Broadway?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of long-term care, this facility was given just a D in that area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
The last area we assessed is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. Our nursing rating consists of a handful of subcategories, but the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averaged only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.82 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.16 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Fmcna - East Arkansas0.88 miles away310 S Rhodes West Memphis Arkansas 72301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (870) 735-5445
- Davita - Renal Care of Marion5.53 miles away1120 State Hwy 77 Ste 2 Marion Arkansas 72364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (870) 735-4087
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis8.11 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Memphis Central Dialysis9.72 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc10.24 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC10.54 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis10.7 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc10.78 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400