The Springs of Broadway is a facility in West Memphis, Arkansas, which has 26,069 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a great fit for most people. We were surprisingly able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Springs of Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Springs of Broadway has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on West Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. It doesn't appear that we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having access to the information regarding deficiencies, it was a challenge to evaluate it in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care grade and that actually turned out to be its next highest category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Given its grade in this area, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs of Broadway?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is not a score to write home about. Facilities that do not fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were not able to find information on vaccination rates. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
The last area we graded is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom grade. There are many criteria included in this category. Most of the factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.82 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.16 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Fmcna - East Arkansas0.88 miles away310 S Rhodes West Memphis Arkansas 72301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (870) 735-5445
- Davita - Renal Care of Marion5.53 miles away1120 State Hwy 77 Ste 2 Marion Arkansas 72364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (870) 735-4087
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis8.11 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Memphis Central Dialysis9.72 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc10.24 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC10.54 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis10.7 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc10.78 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400