Community Care on Palm is in Riverside, California. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 419,138 people. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. This place doesn't seem to have much going for it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Community Care on Palm
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
While this facility's overall grade was abysmal, it actually didn't perform quite as poorly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a C for that area, which isn't bad. This wasn't enough to spare its otherwise poor profile. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 97.82609 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Remarkably, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our nursing rating, which isn't a bad grade. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Care on Palm?
Short-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we awarded this facility a grade of C for our short-term care score, which isn't a bad grade. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Moving on our last category of inspections, this nursing home received an F here. When a nursing home has this bad of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This particular facility had 3 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 4 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Care on Palm Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Care on Palm, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Care on Palm, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Care on Palm, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Care on Palm, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Care on Palm, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Care on Palm, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Care on Palm, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Care on Palm, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Care on Palm, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Community Care on Palm, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Care on Palm, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.63 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center2.11 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis4.01 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Van Buren Dialysis4.99 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central6.74 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home6.75 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis6.89 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana6.9 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis7.03 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090