Community Care Center of Lemay is a small facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri. With an overall rating of B+, we scored this nursing home as one of the fifteen highest rated facilities facilities in Saint Louis. Overall scores in this range are a reliable indication of a very solid facility. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this facility. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also strong.
Community Care Center of Lemay
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9353 South Broadway,
Saint Louis MO 63125
80.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A- in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Among its many impressive scores, this nursing home received an excellent nursing score. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that area. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Care Center of Lemay?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Care Center of Lemay Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic3.46 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center3.71 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.14 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis4.5 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rai Care Center -Hampton5.38 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Home Dialysis South5.73 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Crestwood Dialysis5.96 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis6.02 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979