Community Care Center of Lemay is a small facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Saint Louis. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Community Care Center of Lemay
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best category was long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In our long-term care grade, we focus more on the volume of care provided by a facility, along with a series of qualitative metrics. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Care Center of Lemay?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of D. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a D in that area. Our short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Care Center of Lemay Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 5.24% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 1.08% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 23.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 26.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 1.62% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 15.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 6.21% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 0.45 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 6.21% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic3.46 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center3.71 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.14 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis4.5 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rai Care Center -Hampton5.38 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Home Dialysis South5.73 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Crestwood Dialysis5.96 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis6.02 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979