Community Care Center of Lemay is a small facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri. We gave this facility an overall rating of B+, making it ranked among the top ten facilities in Saint Louis. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. If you look below, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Community Care Center of Lemay
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really performed well in long-term care, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on its recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Care Center of Lemay?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. We weighed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care. We gave this facility one of our more favorable scores in this area, with a grade of B. This nursing home turned out to be very solid in all areas we analyzed. Our short-term care ratings are vital for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Care Center of Lemay Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 88.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Care Center of Lemay, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic3.46 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center3.71 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.14 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis4.5 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rai Care Center -Hampton5.38 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Home Dialysis South5.73 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Crestwood Dialysis5.96 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis6.02 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979