Community Care and Rehabilitation Center is a large facility in Riverside, California. This nursing home received a grade of B overall. We found this nursing home to be better than the majority of the facilities in Riverside, which has a city grade of B-. In spite of Riverside having 19 nursing homes to choose from, this facility should be a perfectly acceptable choice. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Community Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4070 Jurupa Avenue,
Riverside CA 92506
85.8% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most meaningful for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Care and Rehabilitation Center?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. For this category, we gave this nursing home a B-. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center3.1 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.91 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Van Buren Dialysis4.03 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central5.83 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home5.84 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Fmc-Riverside6.13 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis6.14 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside6.3 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887