Communities of Wildwood Ranch is an average-sized nursing home located in Joplin, Missouri. It looks like this is a very respectable facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Communities of Wildwood Ranch
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3222 South John Duffy Drive,
Joplin MO 64804
80.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Joplin, Missouri Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall performance, we gave this place an A for the area of inspections. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded a favorable short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that area with a grade of B. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Communities of Wildwood Ranch?
Long-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we gave this facility in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. With our long-term care category, we analyze the sheer quantity of services provided by a nursing home, along with a handful of quality measures. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 97.095436 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to our last area, this facility received a decent nursing grade of B-. When determining our nursing ratings, we look at both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Communities of Wildwood Ranch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Communities of Wildwood Ranch, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Joplin, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Joplin, Missouri has 5 other nursing homes
- Freeman Health System - Freeman WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away1102 West 32nd Street Joplin Missouri 64804Voluntary non-profit - Private(417) 347-1111
- Mercy Hospital JoplinAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away100 Mercy Way Joplin Missouri 64804Voluntary non-profit - Church(417) 781-2727
- Mercy Hospital CarthageCritical Access Hospitals 15.81 miles away3125 Dr Russell Smith Way Carthage Missouri 64836Voluntary non-profit - Private(417) 358-8121
- Mercy Hospital ColumbusCritical Access Hospitals 16.15 miles away220 N Pennsylvania Avenue Columbus Kansas 66725Voluntary non-profit - Church(620) 429-2545
- Freeman Neosho HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.78 miles away113 West Hickory Street Neosho Missouri 64850Voluntary non-profit - Private(417) 451-1234
- Fmc - Joplin East3.73 miles away522 West 32nd St Suite B Joplin Missouri 64804Dialysis Stations: 24 (417) 782-4055
- Freeman Nephrology & Dialysis Center4.73 miles away932 E 34th St Joplin Missouri 64804Dialysis Stations: 17 (417) 347-8330
- Freeman Health System Outpatient Dialysis Center7.96 miles away1636 S Madison St Webb City Missouri 64870Dialysis Stations: 15 (417) 347-2300
- Silver Creek Dialysis8.39 miles away2011 E 32nd St Ste 101 Joplin Missouri 64804Dialysis Stations: 8 (417) 627-9490
- Heartland Kidney Center16.45 miles away2828 South Grand Carthage Missouri 64836Dialysis Stations: 16 (417) 358-5500
- Fresenius Medical Care Neosho17.2 miles away915 W Harmony St Suite B Neosho Missouri 64850Dialysis Stations: 13 (417) 455-9126
- Heartland Kidney and Dialysis Center17.41 miles away833 N Business 71 Neosho Missouri 64850Dialysis Stations: 17 (417) 455-9255
- Heartland Miami Dx Llp18.54 miles away2111 Denver Harner Dr Miami Oklahoma 74354Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 540-2700