Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf is in San Bernardino, California, a city with a total of 236,660 people. With an overall grade of B. After sizing up the other nursing homes in San Bernardino, this seems to be a higher quality option than most of them. Even in a city offering 11 other nursing homes, this nursing home should be a sound selection. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1805 Medical Ctr Dr.,
San Bernardino CA 92411
97.61% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this place also earned top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in that category, with an A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a C. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
The last area we analyzed was nursing. We awarded it a C in that category. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. Our nursing rating considers a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents which experienced falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Comm. Hosp. Of San Bernardino Dp Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Scores for San Bernardino, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Bernardino, California has 10 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.72 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Davita Serrano Dialysis0.03 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Mountain Vista Dialysis Center2.4 miles away4041 University Parkway San Bernardino California 92407CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 887-0173
- Fmc-Rai-North Waterman-San Bernardino2.51 miles away1500 N. Waterman Avenue. Suite A San Bernardino California 92404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 381-1591
- Fmc-Rai-North Riverside-Rialto2.78 miles away1850 N. Riverside Avenue, Suite 150 Rialto California 92376CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 879-1185
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC4.18 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center4.25 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis4.46 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Fmc-San Bernardino5.07 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508