Columbus Healthcare Center is an average-sized facility in Columbus, Ohio. Our rating system was not favorable to this facility, as it received an overall score of F. Keep in mind that Columbus received a city grade of C, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Columbus Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this place a terrible overall score, we gave it a B for our inspections category. This was due to the nursing home receiving a quality government inspection report this year. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we gave this facility a grade of B- for our short-term care grade, which really isn't a bad grade. In determining these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Columbus Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 87.5 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
The last area we looked at was nursing. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. Our nursing rating is based on several data points, but the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Columbus Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 20% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Columbus Healthcare Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 35 other nursing homes
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 3.21 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 7.17 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Davita - Columbus West at Home0.94 miles away1391 Georgesville Rd. Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 3 (614) 279-8495
- Davita - Columbus West Dialysis0.95 miles away1395 Georgesville Road Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 279-8495
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus1.28 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995
- Fmc - Grove City3.87 miles away3149 Farm Bank Way Groveport Ohio 43125CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (614) 875-2349
- Davita - Grove City Dialysis4.58 miles away4155 Kelnor Drive Grove City Ohio 43123Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 801-0323
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis4.92 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel West5.01 miles away745 West State St Suite 660 Columbus Ohio 43222Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 224-2344
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center5.91 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750