Located in Weymouth, Massachusetts, Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is the only nursing home located in this area. This is an A+ rated facility, which is our absolute highest score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percentile of all facilities in the nation. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Weymouth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
On top of being an elite facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes performed as well in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing score considers many datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a impressive short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that area, this facility received a score of A. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given an A. This finished off an elite report card. Few nursing homes earned an A- or better in each of our categories. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.84981 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.95% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.61% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 6.5% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 23.47% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 27.22% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 27.22% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.78% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 59.54% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Quality Care Dialysis Center0.23 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis0.87 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.25 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility2.98 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Us Renal Care Quincy6.64 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.8 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)9.21 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center9.49 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329