Located in Weymouth, Massachusetts, Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is the only nursing home located in this area. This is an A+ rated facility, which is our absolute highest score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percentile of all facilities in the nation. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
On top of being an elite facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes performed as well in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing score considers many datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a impressive long-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that area, this facility received a score of A. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 95.84981 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received an excellent short-term care rating, with an A. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Our short-term care scores are presumably more critical for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which have suffered a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 91.63% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Quality Care Dialysis Center0.23 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis0.87 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.25 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility2.98 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Us Renal Care Quincy6.64 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)6.8 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)9.21 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center9.49 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329