Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab is on a list of 14 facilities in Little Rock, Arkansas. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility earned a decent overall score, its inspections score is notably more impressive than its overall score. Due to a strong government inspection report this year, it received a strong score in that category with a B+. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's higher category grades was in the category of long-term care. This ended up being its second best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the sheer volume of services offered by a nursing home, along with a handful of quality datapoints. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 98.57651 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. With a grade of this caliber in this category, we weren't shocked to discover this place was well below average in the two key staffing metrics we focus on. It provided far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.3 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 95.87% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 7.17 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 8.51 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.86 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC3 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis3.2 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic3.56 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.92 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis4.06 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - South Little Rock4.54 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.98 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867