Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab is one of seven facilities in Little Rock, Arkansas. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Little Rock senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility earned a decent overall score, its inspections score is notably more impressive than its overall score. Due to a strong government inspection report this year, it received a strong score in that category with a B. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.68848 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing grade assesses several datapoints, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This place averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home did not fare well. With a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is this facility's poorest grade. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 8.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 4.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.26% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 21.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.24% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 95.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.13% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 10.57% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 1.97 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 10.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 13.36 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 78.15% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 6 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 7.17 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 8.51 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.86 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC3 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis3.2 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic3.56 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.92 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis4.06 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - South Little Rock4.54 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.98 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867