Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab is on a list of 14 facilities in Little Rock, Arkansas. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility earned a decent overall score, its inspections score is notably more impressive than its overall score. Due to a strong government inspection report this year, it received a strong score in that category with a B+. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. When computing our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our short-term care ratings are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in that category. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.53521 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 2.09% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 95.41% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Colonel Glenn Health and Rehab, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 7.17 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 8.51 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.86 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC3 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis3.2 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic3.56 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.92 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis4.06 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - South Little Rock4.54 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.98 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867