Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Plano, Texas. This is a relatively poor nursing home, with an overall grade of D. This wasn't the worse place we graded, but we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Plano senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid health inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall grade. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this category. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With its weak rating in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this facility provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last category we assessed is nursing, which was a weak spot for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of just D in the area of nursing. The nursing grade consists of quite a few components, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 8.51 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis0.42 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Plano Dialysis Center0.94 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC1.17 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Usrc Richardson, LLC1.42 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis1.53 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Collin County Dialysis Center1.71 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.62 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.15 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480