Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Plano, Texas. This is a good nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Plano. You could certainly do much worse than this place. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a strong nursing home is that it received a very impressive long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its best grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its quality profile, this nursing home also earned favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area was short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
The final area we assessed was nursing. We awarded this facility a B- in that category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this area. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Collinwood Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 8.51 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis0.42 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Plano Dialysis Center0.94 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC1.17 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Usrc Richardson, LLC1.42 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis1.53 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Collin County Dialysis Center1.71 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.62 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.15 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480