Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is in Collinsville, Illinois. We gave this nursing home an overall score of F. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Collinsville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We could not find anything positive to say about this facility. It received a just D in the area of nursing. Unfortunately, this is its best grade. When determining our nursing ratings, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade and that actually ended up being its next most respectable score. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.59813 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a a very poor score in our short-term care category. It received a lowly F in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Given its abysmal rating in this area, we were not surprised to discover this nursing home offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Turning our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than other categories. When a place has this bad of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had the potential to create actual harm to patients. Finally, we would like to point out that this place received significant government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This typically indicates that a bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 31.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collinsville Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.59 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Davita - Collinsville2.01 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis4.15 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis4.15 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis6.29 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Fmc - Regency Park7.19 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center7.75 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis8.08 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.11 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592