Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center is a large nursing home located in Rockville, Maryland. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a respectable grade. You can certainly do worse than this place. This nursing home didn't fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories can be found below.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable grades. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing score. We gave this facility an D. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, which proved to be a low point for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a D in long-term care. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated only 69.33702 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 10.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 92.14% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Rockville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockville, Maryland has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.51 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville0.53 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Davita - Rockville1.49 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.57 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Bma - Rockville3.85 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Us Renal Care - Rockville3.92 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Gaithersburg Dialysis4.07 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Bethesda5.02 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis7.28 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020