Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center is a senior living facility in Rockville, Maryland, a city with a population of 130,569 people. This facility received a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a lower end rating. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Rockville. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
The second best area we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center?
We were stunned to find that this facility also excelled in nursing. We gave it a grade of D for that category, which is one of our best grades. The nursing score weighs many factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is a rock bottom grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated 74.92878 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is quite a bit lower than what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 10.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 92.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Rockville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockville, Maryland has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.51 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville0.53 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Davita - Rockville1.49 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.57 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Bma - Rockville3.85 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Us Renal Care - Rockville3.92 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Gaithersburg Dialysis4.07 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Bethesda5.02 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis7.28 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020