Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center is a senior living facility in Rockville, Maryland, a city with a population of 130,569 people. This nursing home was given an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Rockville. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Rockville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually performed well in our short-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B for that category, which is one of our higher scores. This is one of the only good things we can say about this facility. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned an C. Few facilities performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center?
Sadly, this facility received a grade of just D in our inspection category. This is well below average grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 9 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines of more than $100,000. This often indicates that a facility's poor performance spanned several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility was given a rock bottom grade of F in this category. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 68.90547 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 11.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 1.24% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 0.26% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 11.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 14.1% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 39.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 68.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 24.06% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 22.07% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 22.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 7.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Collingswood Nsg. & Rehab. Center, 71.92% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.51 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville0.53 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Davita - Rockville1.49 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.57 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Bma - Rockville3.85 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Us Renal Care - Rockville3.92 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Gaithersburg Dialysis4.07 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Bethesda5.02 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis7.28 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020