College Park Rehabilitation Center is a large facility located in North Las Vegas, Nevada. This is not a very good nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in North Las Vegas. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in North Las Vegas. The city has just two other nursing homes. The only positive thing we can say about this place is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
College Park Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This place received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the category of long-term care. This proved to be its second best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. In the category of long-term care, we focus more on the quantity of services provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.61592 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about College Park Rehabilitation Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Our nursing grade includes numerous datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, which proved to be a weak link for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a D in our short-term care category. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Based on its weak grade in this area, we were not stunned to learn this facility offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.5 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
College Park Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 3.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 77.28% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 22.51% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 22.51 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 7.67 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 7.8 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- North Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)1.72 miles away2065 North Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas Nevada 89030CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 639-0469
- Lake Mead Dialysis Center2.68 miles away713 E Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 642-0216
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)3.4 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)4.27 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558
- Red Moon Dialysis4.52 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC4.8 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)5.23 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)5.6 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908