Located in North Las Vegas, Nevada, College Park Rehabilitation Center is one of a mere three facilities in this city. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of C, somewhat surprisingly somewhat surprisingly resulting in it being ranked the number one rated facility in North Las Vegas. Based on all of the relevant data, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
College Park Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this facility an A- for its inspection grade. This score is far more impressive than its overall rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
The second best category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are presumably most critical for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about College Park Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care score of C. Our long-term care grades are pivotal for residents looking for non-healthcare services such as personal care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 98.958336 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
College Park Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 9.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 1.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 2.27% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 17.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 2.99% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 76.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 15.13% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 21.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 21.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In College Park Rehabilitation Center, 68.66% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 7.67 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 7.8 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- North Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)1.72 miles away2065 North Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas Nevada 89030CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 639-0469
- Lake Mead Dialysis Center2.68 miles away713 E Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 642-0216
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)3.4 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)4.27 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558
- Red Moon Dialysis4.52 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC4.8 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)5.23 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)5.6 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908