College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Sacramento, California with a population of 757,530 people. This facility is among the most impressive nursing homes we found. In fact, it was given the very best rating. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as the best facility in Sacramento. As you can see below, this facility performed equally well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant grades, this nursing home received first-rate long-term care score. In fact, it received a grade of A in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care, where this facility was given an A. This completed a very strong report card. Not many facilities received an A- or higher in each of our categories. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 0.87 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic0.86 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Manzanita Dialysis Center2.58 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- North Highlands Dialysis Center2.59 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Antelope Dialysis Center4.26 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic5.81 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.97 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- University Dialysis Center6.43 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento6.81 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800