College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Sacramento, California with a population of 757,530 people. This facility is among the most impressive nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the best ratings we offer. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be one of the highest rated facilities in Sacramento. As you can find below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspection category. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have deficiency data for this facility. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without the deficiency related data, it ended up being difficult to evaluate the place in this category.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a very strong grade. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B. While this is its least impressive category score, this is still a quality score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 3.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 5.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 5.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.73% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.73% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.91% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In College Oak Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 73.26% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 0.87 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic0.86 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- Manzanita Dialysis Center2.58 miles away4005 Manzanita Avenue Ste 17 & 18 Carmichael California 95608CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 483-3241
- North Highlands Dialysis Center2.59 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Antelope Dialysis Center4.26 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Dci Rancho Dialysis Clinic5.81 miles away10294 Rockingham Drive Sacramento California 95827Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 857-1819
- Sunset Dialysis Center5.97 miles away3071 Gold Canal Drive Rancho Cordova California 95670CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 638-8429
- University Dialysis Center6.43 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento6.81 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800