Clover Rest Home is in Columbia, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of B, this is a fine facility. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clover Rest Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Columbia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in that category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Building on its strong performance in other categories, we gave this facility an B for nursing. Our nursing grade analyzes several components, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Clover Rest Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. Short-term care grades are often employed to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area was long-term care, which is the last area we looked at. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a D. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 88.0597 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clover Rest Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clover Rest Home, 18.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clover Rest Home, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clover Rest Home, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clover Rest Home, 27.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clover Rest Home, 41.82% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clover Rest Home, 23.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clover Rest Home, 89.27% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clover Rest Home, 20.75% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clover Rest Home, 16.97% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clover Rest Home, 16.97% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clover Rest Home, 9.58% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clover Rest Home, 74.1% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - PoconoAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away206 East Brown Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 421-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Monroe CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away100 St Luke's Lane Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18360Voluntary non-profit - Private(272) 212-1000
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.48 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Newton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.43 miles away175 High St Newton New Jersey 07860Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 579-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Stroudsburg6.73 miles away125 South Courtland Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 14 (570) 476-1606
- Davita - Eagle Valley6.79 miles away166 Eagles Glen Plaza East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 424-5307
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.35 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - Pocono Home Center11.57 miles away3361 Route 611, Suite 1 Bartonsville Pennsylvania 18321Dialysis Stations: 4 (570) 629-1292
- Physicians Dialysis Hackettstown15.05 miles away657 Willow Grove Street Suite 202 West Wing Medical Plaza Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 684-0630
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr17.08 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton17.93 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center18.81 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855