Clover Rest Home is a small facility located in Columbia, New Jersey. Featuring an overall score of B, this is a fine facility. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Clover Rest Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
28 Washington Street,
Columbia NJ 07832
92.42% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in that category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this facility is that it was awarded a favorable long-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being its second best category score. In that area, we gave this facility a B+. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 94.93671 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Clover Rest Home?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a respectable score in the area of short-term care, with a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Moving on to the final area, this facility was awarded a grade of C in nursing, which is generally an acceptable grade. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clover Rest Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clover Rest Home, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clover Rest Home, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clover Rest Home, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clover Rest Home, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clover Rest Home, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clover Rest Home, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clover Rest Home, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clover Rest Home, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clover Rest Home, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clover Rest Home, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clover Rest Home, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clover Rest Home, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - PoconoAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away206 East Brown Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 421-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Monroe CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away100 St Luke's Lane Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18360Voluntary non-profit - Private(272) 212-1000
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.48 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Newton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.43 miles away175 High St Newton New Jersey 07860Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 579-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Stroudsburg6.73 miles away125 South Courtland Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 14 (570) 476-1606
- Davita - Eagle Valley6.79 miles away166 Eagles Glen Plaza East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 424-5307
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.35 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - Pocono Home Center11.57 miles away3361 Route 611, Suite 1 Bartonsville Pennsylvania 18321Dialysis Stations: 4 (570) 629-1292
- Physicians Dialysis Hackettstown15.05 miles away657 Willow Grove Street Suite 202 West Wing Medical Plaza Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 684-0630
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr17.08 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton17.93 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center18.81 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855