Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is among the largest cities in the nation. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. This place is about as bad as it gets. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Philadelphia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this facility a grade of B- for its long-term care rating, which isn't too bad of a score. In determining our long-term care grades, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to a nursing home's patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 48.353554 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Nursing grades are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. With our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its poor grade in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this nursing home provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.3% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 86.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cliveden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 19 other nursing homes
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.49 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 4 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Total Renal Care, Inc.0.82 miles away235 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 26 (215) 844-5915
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney1.89 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy1.99 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Dci of Philadelphia2.06 miles away3300 Henry Avenue, 4th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 848-3127
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.34 miles away5201 Old York Road, Unit 2 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 457-2261
- Albert Einstein Medical Center2.35 miles away5501 Old York Road Levy Ground Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Dialysis Stations: 10 (215) 456-6444
- Davita - Northern Philadelphia2.35 miles away5933 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 549-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Temple Dialysis Germantown2.37 miles away3401 Fox Street, Suite C Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 221-3120