Clinton Healthcare - Snf is a large nursing home located in Clinton, Mississippi. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is ranked among the most impressive facilities we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the 25 best nursing homes in Mississippi. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Healthcare - Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score. This actually ended up being this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In our last category, we gave this nursing home a A+ for our nursing grade. This rounded out an elite report card. Our nursing score weighs quite a few subcategories, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 10.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 20.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 2.34% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 93.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 19.45% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 23.26% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 23.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 13.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 13.16 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC2.02 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Isd Renal Inc6.2 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Fmc Southwest Jackson6.33 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Medical Mall Dialysis7.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc8.71 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home8.8 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.9.1 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fmc Jackson9.35 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652