Clinton Healthcare - Snf is a large nursing home located in Clinton, Mississippi. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive nursing home. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clinton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Healthcare - Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a top-shelf short-term care score. This actually is this facility's third best category grade. In that category, this facility received a score of A-. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The next area we rated was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a B. While this wasn't as high as many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless a positive grade. When determining our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Mississippi in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 11.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 2.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have had a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 6.3% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 19.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 11.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 33.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 9.61% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 9.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 4.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 13.16 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC2.02 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Isd Renal Inc6.2 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Fmc Southwest Jackson6.33 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Medical Mall Dialysis7.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc8.71 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home8.8 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.9.1 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fmc Jackson9.35 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652