Clinton Healthcare - Snf is a large nursing home located in Clinton, Mississippi. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive nursing home. We rated this facility in the 50 best facilities in Mississippi. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a great overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded a dominant score of A in our long-term care category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Healthcare - Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded a top-shelf grade of A- in our short-term care category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is more often than not a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
The final area we looked at is nursing, in which this nursing home was given a grade of B. This actually ended up being this nursing home's worst area. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest score still is better than most facilities. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Healthcare - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 2.3% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 93.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Healthcare - Snf, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 13.16 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC2.02 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Isd Renal Inc6.2 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Fmc Southwest Jackson6.33 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Medical Mall Dialysis7.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc8.71 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home8.8 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.9.1 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fmc Jackson9.35 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652