With an address in Clinton, Maryland, Clinton Healthcare Center is one of just a few facilities there. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is a decent facility. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. This place didn't fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clinton Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Clinton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned an inspection grade which is better than its overall score. Inspection ratings are associated with the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Healthcare Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. The nursing score is based on several subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care, which was this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 99.19908 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 7.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 0.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 0.12% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 0.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 7.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 99.6% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 29.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 25.53% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 25.53% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 6.34% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 72.99% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Davita - Southern Maryland0.01 miles away9211 Stuart Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 13 (301) 856-6602
- Nc - Pineview0.25 miles away9106 Pine View Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 10 (301) 856-1600
- Fresenius Kidney Care0.49 miles away8949 Woodyard Rd Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 856-7536
- Davita - Lakeside1.01 miles away10401 Hospital Dr Ste G-02 Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 856-6550
- Us Renal Care of Old Alexandria Dialysis1.45 miles away7201 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 877-3263
- Quality Care Dialysis - Southern Maryland2.97 miles away6357 Old Branch Ave Temple Hills Maryland 20748CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 449-4166
- Whitney Dialysis LLC5.55 miles away5442 Saint Barnabas Rd Oxon Hill Maryland 20745CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 894-0572
- Forestville Dialysis5.71 miles away3424 Donnell Dr District Heights Maryland 20747Dialysis Stations: 19 (615) 320-4230