With an address in Clinton, Maryland, Clinton Healthcare Center is one of only three facilities there. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a well below average nursing home. Based on our analysis, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Clinton Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also awarded this facility a grade of C for our nursing rating. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third most favorable area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home really didn't fare well in this category either. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 99.747795 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 92.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clinton Healthcare Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Davita - Southern Maryland0.01 miles away9211 Stuart Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 13 (301) 856-6602
- Nc - Pineview0.25 miles away9106 Pine View Ln Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 10 (301) 856-1600
- Fresenius Kidney Care0.49 miles away8949 Woodyard Rd Clinton Maryland 20735Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 856-7536
- Davita - Lakeside1.01 miles away10401 Hospital Dr Ste G-02 Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 856-6550
- Us Renal Care of Old Alexandria Dialysis1.45 miles away7201 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd Clinton Maryland 20735CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 877-3263
- Quality Care Dialysis - Southern Maryland2.97 miles away6357 Old Branch Ave Temple Hills Maryland 20748CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 449-4166
- Whitney Dialysis LLC5.55 miles away5442 Saint Barnabas Rd Oxon Hill Maryland 20745CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 894-0572
- Forestville Dialysis5.71 miles away3424 Donnell Dr District Heights Maryland 20747Dialysis Stations: 19 (615) 320-4230