Clinton Aire Healthcare Center is a senior living facility in Clinton Township, Michigan, which has a total of 96,825 people. This facility received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Clinton Township. The city has just two other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Clinton Aire Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable scores in that category with a grade of B+. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 65.671646 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly less than average. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Clinton Aire Healthcare Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. There are quite a few criteria within this grade. Most of these subcategories relate to staffing levels. This nursing home averaged a meager 0 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility really did not fare very well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. In determining our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. As you might expect, we learned that this place provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clinton Aire Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents which were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 3.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 91.4% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clinton Aire Healthcare Center, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita2.15 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center2.15 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton3.63 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank3.96 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren5.54 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita6.01 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc - St Clair Shores7.05 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center7.05 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664