Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township is a senior living facility in Clinton Township, Michigan, which has a total of 96,825 people. This facility received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. As far as we can see, you would be better off to avoid of this place. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clinton Township senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it earned a fairly impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better scores in that category with a B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care score and that actually wound up as its second most respectable category. Facilities that don't fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 48.61461 percent of its residents. This is many points lower than average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our nursing score is primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is generally a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. With its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 3.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 91.02% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mission Point Nursing & Physical Rehabilitation Center of Clinton Township, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita2.15 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center2.15 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton3.63 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank3.96 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren5.54 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita6.01 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc - St Clair Shores7.05 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center7.05 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664