Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center is one of a mere two nursing homes in Somerset, Massachusetts. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Massachusetts. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. This is really as good of a nursing home as you'll find. This facility also received very consistent ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.68354 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this nursing home was given first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final category we scored was nursing, where this facility received a grade of B+. This topped off a very favorable profile. Very few facilities earned a B+ or higher in all four categories. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this category. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 1.93% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 11.21 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.67 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC1.41 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton4.13 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Hawthorn Kidney Center9.56 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis10.62 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence11.44 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital11.61 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital12.15 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence14.15 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898