Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center is located in Flushing, New York. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on our ratings, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Flushing senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in this category with an A+. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area tend to have few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a B+ in our long-term care category. This is one of our higher scores. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 80.932205 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility an D. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This place provided only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a D. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the measures we considered. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 22.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 1.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 3.41% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 12.39% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 4.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 5.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 81.55% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 8.3% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 6.74% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 6.74% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 4.91% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cliffside Rehab & Residential Health Care Center, 48.44% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Flushing, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Flushing, New York has 8 other nursing homes
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Crd Associates LLC Cliffside Nursing Home0.05 miles away119-19 Graham Court Att: Dialysis Center Flushing New York 11354Dialysis Stations: 6 (718) 886-0700
- Queens Dialysis at the Pavilion, LLC1.45 miles away36-17 Parsons Blvd Flushing New York 11354Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 888-5200
- The Ny Hosp Med Ctr of Queens2.25 miles away56-45 Main Street 8th Floor Hemodialysis Unit Flushing New York 11355Dialysis Stations: 4 (718) 670-1258
- Fms-Queens Artificial Kidney Center2.32 miles away34-35 70th Street Jackson Heights New York 11372CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (718) 651-9700
- The Rogosin Institute Auburndale Dialysis2.93 miles away39-20 Utopia Parkway Flushing New York 11358CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (347) 783-7700
- Broadway Dialysis Center at Elmhurst Hospital Center3.13 miles away79-01 Broadway D-7 Wing Elmhurst New York 11373CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 205-7772
- Rogosin Institute-Queens3.36 miles away66-20 Queens Boulevard Dialysis Ctr. Woodside New York 11377CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (646) 317-7505
- Fms-Bayside Dialysis Center3.59 miles away201-10 Northern Boulevard Bayside New York 11361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 423-6638