Clepper Manor is a small facility in Sharon, Pennsylvania. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this facility's report card was its stellar inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This facility also excelled in our nursing category, where it received an B+. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Clepper Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of care offered by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 70.833336 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility really did not perform very well. Due to an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is this facility's poorest category grade. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the staffing figures we looked at. The final item we considered in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.5 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clepper Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clepper Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clepper Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who had falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clepper Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clepper Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clepper Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clepper Manor, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clepper Manor, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clepper Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clepper Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clepper Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clepper Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.89 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Dci of Shenango Valley2.08 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage2.24 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis10.56 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc - Youngstown11.87 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Warren Dialysis Center12.59 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Fmc - Warren13.82 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC16.17 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg16.37 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341