Clearwater Center is in Clearwater, Florida. The city provides a host of options. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is very favorable grade. In our view, this place is a great choice for just about anybody. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed as well in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Clearwater Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In determining a facility's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are seeing residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in that area, with a grade of C. Even though this isn't as favorable as several of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not the end of the world. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clearwater Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clearwater Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clearwater Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clearwater Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clearwater Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clearwater Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clearwater Center, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clearwater Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clearwater Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clearwater Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Clearwater Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clearwater Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clearwater Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clearwater Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies1.19 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center1.19 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC1.26 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater1.4 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.39 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc4.48 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.61 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater4.77 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123