Clearvista Lake Health Campus is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, which is among the largest cities in the country. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some respectable marks. Even in a city offering 24 other nursing homes, this facility should be a quality choice. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clearvista Lake Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home earned a far better grade for short-term care than its overall score. It received one of our best scores in that category with an A. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility's inspection grade also was better than its overall score. Due to a quality inspection report this year, it earned one of our better scores in that category with a B. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Clearvista Lake Health Campus?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, while this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is long-term care, which is the last area we scored. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 84.89208 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clearvista Lake Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 9.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 3.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 1.5% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 0.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 10.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 58.62% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 90.01% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 25.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 16.86% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 16.86% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 7.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clearvista Lake Health Campus, 66.05% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 8.59 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Fmc - Shadeland Station1.75 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast4.29 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living5.54 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis5.6 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis6.05 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis6.46 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North7.37 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Fmc - Carmel7.46 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312