Clear View Convalescent Center is one of eight facilities located in Gardena, California. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings we offer. This is just about as good of a place as you're going to find. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Clear View Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear View Convalescent Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing grade weighs a host of datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category. This finalized a very impressive report card. Short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear View Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear View Convalescent Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Gardena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Gardena, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 5.61 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.02 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.72 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Hawthorne Dialysis2.27 miles away14204 Prairie Avenue Hawthorne California 90250CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 349-1174
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Dialysis2.95 miles away4450 182nd Street Redondo Beach California 90278Dialysis Stations: 15 (310) 542-8032
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.19 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center3.48 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center3.73 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.94 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413