Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation is one of eight facilities located in Gardena, California. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings we offer. This is just about as good of a place as you're going to find. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Gardena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Gardena, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an A+ in this area. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility has received near flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. Inspection scores are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Facilities that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. In determining a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are with patients and the level of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home received an excellent short-term care rating. We awarded it a B+ in this area, rounding out one of our better report cards. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 0.31% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 28.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 28.09% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 6.09% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 6.51% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear View Memory Care and Rehabilitation, 6.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Gardena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Gardena, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 5.61 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.02 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.72 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Hawthorne Dialysis2.27 miles away14204 Prairie Avenue Hawthorne California 90250CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 349-1174
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Dialysis2.95 miles away4450 182nd Street Redondo Beach California 90278Dialysis Stations: 15 (310) 542-8032
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.19 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center3.48 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center3.73 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.94 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413