Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The city has a host of available nursing homes. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a subpar nursing home. We rated this in the bottom half of facilities in Charlotte. In a city with plenty of other facilities, you should be able to find an alternative. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a C in this area, which is an acceptable score. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 65.69768 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a few points below average. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given a grade of just D in this category. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Switching gears to our final area, this facility didn't perform well in this category either. Due to a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. The nursing score assesses quite a few data points, however, the main one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 88.16% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 18 other nursing homes
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Dva Healthcare Renal Care, Inc.3.62 miles away11308 Hawthorne Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28227Dialysis Stations: 16 (704) 573-2549
- Davita Kidney Care4.64 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.5.13 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte5.13 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Charlotte East Dialysis6.26 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate7.3 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Fresenius Kidney Care Indian Trail7.75 miles away7862 Idlewild Road Indian Trail North Carolina 28079Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 628-0350
- Fmc of North Charlotte8.08 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680