Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The city has a host of available nursing homes. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a subpar nursing home. We rated this as one of the three worst facilities in Charlotte. With plenty of other facilities in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
10506 Clear Creek Commerce Drive,
Charlotte NC 28227
65.08% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are meaningful for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. With its poor score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover this nursing home offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. It received an F for this area, which is a very poor score. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to just 64.7541 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 88.29% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Dva Healthcare Renal Care, Inc.3.62 miles away11308 Hawthorne Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28227Dialysis Stations: 16 (704) 573-2549
- Davita Kidney Care4.64 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.5.13 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte5.13 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Charlotte East Dialysis6.26 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate7.3 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Fresenius Kidney Care Indian Trail7.75 miles away7862 Idlewild Road Indian Trail North Carolina 28079Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 628-0350
- Fmc of North Charlotte8.08 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680