Located in Westminster, Colorado, Clear Creek Care Center is one of a mere three available facilities there. Featuring an overall rating of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we found. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the nation. As you will find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Clear Creek Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, Colorado Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear Creek Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Not many nursing homes received a better grade in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.47716 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded it an elite grade of A for that category. This finished off its straight A report card. Inspection scores are based on many data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear Creek Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear Creek Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear Creek Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear Creek Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear Creek Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear Creek Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear Creek Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clear Creek Care Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clear Creek Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)1.32 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)2.72 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.08 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.66 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)4.07 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.85 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)6 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.01 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303