With an address in Westminster, Colorado, Clear Creek Care Center is one of a mere three facilities in this area. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest grades we offer. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as the number one nursing home in Westminster. Headlining this facility's exemplary profile is its nursing rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Clear Creek Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7481 Knox Place,
Westminster CO 80030
64% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provided 3.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. At least one quarter of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. This is a high ratio of skilled nursing care. In calculating our nursing grades, we apply additional weight to care provided by more highly trained nurses such as registered nurses. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Few facilities received a better grade in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.067635 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear Creek Care Center?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the short-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category. This wrapped up truly elite profile. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. This nursing home excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it provided more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than a typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that it performed better than most nursing homes in this area with 54.7 percent of its residents able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear Creek Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear Creek Care Center, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear Creek Care Center, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.71% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear Creek Care Center, 85.88% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear Creek Care Center, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear Creek Care Center, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear Creek Care Center, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clear Creek Care Center, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clear Creek Care Center, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)1.32 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)2.72 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.08 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.66 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)4.07 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.85 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)6 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.01 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303