Located in Westminster, Colorado, Clear Creek Care Center is the sole facility we found in the city. After receiving an overall score of A, this facility is one of the highest-graded facilities we assessed. We were impressed enough to rank this nursing home as one of the 50 best nursing homes in Colorado. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clear Creek Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
7481 Knox Place,
Westminster CO 80030
82.87% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Westminster, Colorado Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for its short-term care score. With our short-term care rating, we try to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear Creek Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate assessment, this facility also was awarded a dominant long-term care score, with a score of A-. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.98477 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this grade, the facility completed a straight A profile. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear Creek Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear Creek Care Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear Creek Care Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear Creek Care Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear Creek Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear Creek Care Center, 84.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear Creek Care Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear Creek Care Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear Creek Care Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clear Creek Care Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)1.32 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)2.72 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.08 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.66 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)4.07 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.85 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)6 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.01 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303