Located in Winchester, Kentucky, Clark Regional Medical Center is one of just a couple available facilities in the area. This nursing home made our top 500 list of the top nursing homes in the country. With over 15,000 facilities in the country, this is an impressive subset of nursing homes. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which are equally impressive. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Clark Regional Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home received an A+ inspection rating. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received high marks in the area of short-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A+. In computing these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clark Regional Medical Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We assessed the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this nursing home also was given a first-rate long-term care score, with an A. This finished off a first-rate report card. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It does not look like this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clark Regional Medical Center Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 90.04% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Saint Joseph Mount SterlingAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away225 Falcon Drive Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 497-5018
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Baptist Health RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 19.83 miles away801 Eastern Bypass Richmond Kentucky 40475Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 623-3131
- Fmc - Winchester2.38 miles away1145 W. Lexington Ave. Winchester Kentucky 40391Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 744-0750
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis11.31 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis12.25 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program12.5 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East13.31 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Bourbon County Dialysis13.93 miles away213 Letton Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Dialysis Stations: 10 (859) 988-1117
- Fmc - Mt. Sterling15.03 miles away55 Sterling Way Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 499-0630
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest15.77 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706