Clark Regional Medical Center is the only nursing home located in Winchester, Kentucky. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home number 203 in the United States. This puts it in the top two percentile of all nursing homes. In addition, this is a hospital-based facility, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with significant health conditions. Headlining this place's exemplary report card is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Clark Regional Medical Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
175 Hospital Drive,
Winchester KY 40391
56% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given elite marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive grades in that area with a score of A+. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Kentucky in this area with 69.9 percent of its patients returning home. For most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clark Regional Medical Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided 6.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This was one of the better totals we found. In addition, we found that a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to offering impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in the nation in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these areas as good measures of the quality of nursing care being provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of A. This topped off an elite profile. Very few facilities received an A- or better in each of our categories. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clark Regional Medical Center Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 91.16% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Saint Joseph Mount SterlingAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away225 Falcon Drive Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 497-5018
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Baptist Health RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 19.83 miles away801 Eastern Bypass Richmond Kentucky 40475Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 623-3131
- Fmc - Winchester2.38 miles away1145 W. Lexington Ave. Winchester Kentucky 40391Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 744-0750
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis11.31 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis12.25 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program12.5 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East13.31 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Bourbon County Dialysis13.93 miles away213 Letton Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Dialysis Stations: 10 (859) 988-1117
- Fmc - Mt. Sterling15.03 miles away55 Sterling Way Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 499-0630
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest15.77 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706