Located in Winchester, Kentucky, Clark Regional Medical Center is the sole facility we identified in the city. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 25 nursing homes in Kentucky. Based on all of the relevant data, you can't go wrong with this place. Scroll down to see this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clark Regional Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Winchester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home earned nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A+. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category grades. In computing these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clark Regional Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a very strong grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our last area, this nursing home also was given a first-rate nursing grade, with an A. This topped off an elusive straight A report card. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clark Regional Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clark Regional Medical Center, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Saint Joseph Mount SterlingAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away225 Falcon Drive Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 497-5018
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Baptist Health RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 19.83 miles away801 Eastern Bypass Richmond Kentucky 40475Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 623-3131
- Fmc - Winchester2.38 miles away1145 W. Lexington Ave. Winchester Kentucky 40391Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 744-0750
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis11.31 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis12.25 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program12.5 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East13.31 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Bourbon County Dialysis13.93 miles away213 Letton Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Dialysis Stations: 10 (859) 988-1117
- Fmc - Mt. Sterling15.03 miles away55 Sterling Way Mount Sterling Kentucky 40353Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 499-0630
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest15.77 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706