With an address in Clark, New Jersey, Complete Care Clark is the lone nursing home we found there. This nursing home proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility definitely has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Complete Care Clark
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Clark senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care Clark?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is typically a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The next category we rated is nursing. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a C. Our nursing score includes a handful of components, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing scores also consider some quality-focused measures. We especially look at the percentage of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. These data points are indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care Clark Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care Clark, 9.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care Clark, 1.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care Clark, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care Clark, 7.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care Clark, 16.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care Clark, 10.79% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care Clark, 98.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care Clark, 8.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care Clark, 7.03% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Complete Care Clark, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care Clark, 7.03% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care Clark, 8.02% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care Clark, 82.71% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Davita Rahway2.04 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Fmc Linden Dialysis2.61 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr3.03 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis3.2 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Trinitas Sat Linden3.63 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Dva Edison3.92 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr3.96 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Fmc Kenilworth4.12 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453