With an address in Clark, New Jersey, Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr is the lone nursing home we found there. This nursing home proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility definitely has plenty going for it. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care grade. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing grade includes a variety of factors. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. We gave this facility a D in long-term care, rendering this the nursing home's worst area. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clark Nursing and Rehab Cntr, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Davita Rahway2.04 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Fmc Linden Dialysis2.61 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr3.03 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis3.2 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Trinitas Sat Linden3.63 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Dva Edison3.92 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr3.96 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Fmc Kenilworth4.12 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453