Clark Manor Cnv Center is in the large metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois which has a total of 2,680,484 people. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clark Manor Cnv Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Clark Manor Cnv Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to learn that this facility earned a somewhat respectable long-term care score this year. We awarded it a B- in that area. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the volume of services provided by a facility, as well as some qualitative statistics. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated just 74.75936 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Clark Manor Cnv Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. In determining our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home didn't perform well here either. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. With our short-term care category, we try to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clark Manor Cnv Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clark Manor Cnv Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.44 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Fmc - Rogers Park0.63 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.1 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.39 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Uptown3.64 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3.76 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston3.93 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.76 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.78 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714