Claridge Healthcare Center is a very-large nursing home located in Lake Bluff, Illinois. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this looks like a decent nursing home. This place seems to have some things going for it. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its strong short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Claridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lake Bluff senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
It should also be noted that this nursing home' short-term care grade outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a B for short-term care. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is typically a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Nursing grades are largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Claridge Healthcare Center?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this facility has earned respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. Inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. For that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of nursing services. This includes a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have suffered falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.72 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Fkc - Lake Bluff0.74 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Fmc - Gurnee5.07 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.55 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor5.61 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis5.97 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fmc - Mundelein6.23 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Highland7.6 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Beach Park Dialysis8.58 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250