Claridge Healthcare Center is a very-large nursing home located in Lake Bluff, Illinois. Sporting an overall grade of C, this looks like a decent nursing home. This place seems to have some things going for it. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Claridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be its best feature. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Inspection grades are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we awarded this facility in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Claridge Healthcare Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. There are several criteria within this area. Many of these factors reflect staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded it a C in that area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. Our long-term care ratings are based on a facility's amount of nursing care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.72 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Fkc - Lake Bluff0.74 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Fmc - Gurnee5.07 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.55 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor5.61 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis5.97 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fmc - Mundelein6.23 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Highland7.6 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Beach Park Dialysis8.58 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250