Claridge Healthcare Center is located in Lake Bluff, Illinois. The city has 9,792 people. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a lower end facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Lake Bluff. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Claridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually received a somewhat respectable grade in the category of inspections. We awarded it a B- for that area, which is a decent score. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.71429 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Claridge Healthcare Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Nursing scores are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. This facility received a C in this category. Our short-term care scores are believed to be more important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claridge Healthcare Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.72 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Fkc - Lake Bluff0.74 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Fmc - Gurnee5.07 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.55 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor5.61 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis5.97 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fmc - Mundelein6.23 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Highland7.6 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Beach Park Dialysis8.58 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250