Claridge Court is a small non-profit nursing home located in Prairie Village, Kansas. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
8101 Mission Road,
Prairie Village KS 66208
91.77% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant scores, this nursing home received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.741936 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. We found that this place had 2.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Claridge Court?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B. It outperformed most facilities in this category. With our short-term care rating, we seek to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that it performed better than most nursing homes in this area with 55.1 percent of its patients returning home.
The last area we graded is nursing. This facility was given an impressive nursing rating in our assessment, with a B-. Even though this isn't quite as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable score for this category. Our nursing rating is based on many subcategories, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides an impressive 3.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, this facility was relatively weak in two of the metrics we look at, with subpar scores for minimizing its patients' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claridge Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claridge Court, 7.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claridge Court, 5.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claridge Court, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claridge Court, 16.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claridge Court, 21.94% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claridge Court, 5.8% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claridge Court, 92.32% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claridge Court, 17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claridge Court, 21.37% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Claridge Court, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claridge Court, 21.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claridge Court, 10.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claridge Court, 74.66% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Concerto Kansas, LLC2.18 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist2.92 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway2.92 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph3.5 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis3.54 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Johnson County Dialysis4.15 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center4.22 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood4.29 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441