The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab is an average-sized nursing home in Honolulu, Hawaii. Featuring an overall score of A-, this facility is among the more impressive facilities we looked at. We simply can't say enough great things about this facility. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Honolulu senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. This facility was given a better than average long-term care rating in our assessment, with a grade of B-. Although this is not nearly as good as a few of its other grades, this is still a respectable grade for this area. Our long-term care ratings are based on the facility's volume of nursing services. This includes a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information about vaccinations. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab, 95.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Villas Post Acute Care Rehab, 76.75% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 5 other nursing homes
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.42 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 2.49 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 3.53 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility0.03 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center0.5 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center0.7 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.9 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis2.83 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center4.48 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Kaimuki Dialysis5.29 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center5.48 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885