Claremont Manor Care Center is in Claremont, California, a city with 35,705 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable rating. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Claremont Manor Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded it an impressive grade of A in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Claremont Manor Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category turned out to be long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. In the area of long-term care, we assess the amount of care provided by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care. This facility received a grade of C for the category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claremont Manor Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.46 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.1.57 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.61 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.71 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis3.07 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.3.32 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.3.65 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.79 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802