Claremont Manor Care Center is in Claremont, California, a city with 35,705 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Based on our ratings, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Claremont Manor Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Claremont senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection rating exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a B+ in this area, which is one of our better grades. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given impressive long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher scores in that category, with a B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Claremont Manor Care Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category is short-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of just D. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. In this place's case, it looks like it provides fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claremont Manor Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claremont Manor Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.46 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.1.57 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.61 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.71 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis3.07 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.3.32 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.3.65 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.79 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802