Claremont Care Center is in Pomona, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a good rating. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Claremont Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pomona senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned a favorable short-term care score this year. We gave them a strong grade in that area, with a B. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a favorable score in long-term care. This facility received a grade of B in this area, which is one of our higher grades. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Claremont Care Center?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing grade weighs many datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Finally, we also found that this nursing home has received favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we gave it a score of B- in this category. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claremont Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claremont Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claremont Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claremont Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claremont Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claremont Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claremont Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claremont Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claremont Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claremont Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Claremont Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claremont Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Claremont Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claremont Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.0.26 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.21 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.5 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.06 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.3.48 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis4.33 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.4.73 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.5.1 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230