Clara Manor Nursing Home is one of a host of options to decide among in Kansas City, Missouri. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some decent scores. This nursing home has some things going for it. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating, which we will address in the next section.
Clara Manor Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3621 Warwick Boulevard,
Kansas City MO 64111
78.77% estimated occupancy 1
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. In computing our nursing grades, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a positive score in our short-term care category. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clara Manor Nursing Home?
Looking to our inspection category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our inspection grades are based on the facility's health inspection reports. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home had 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates that this facility avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. We really didn't consider anything on this place's inspection report to be overly concerning.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated only 90.47619 percent of its residents, which is not a very encouraging sign. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.98 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clara Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 4.04% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 89.97% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 19 other nursing homes
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 1.12 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 1.5 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Davita - Westport Renal Center0.57 miles away3947 Broadway Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 531-1181
- Davita Mission Dialysis1.43 miles away2852 W 47th Ave Kansas City Kansas 66103Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 403-1843
- Childrens Mercy Hospital Dialysis1.52 miles away2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 10 (816) 234-3100
- Penn Valley Dialysis Center1.59 miles away2502 Summit Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 531-1118
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood2.01 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Home Dialysis Services Kc Midtown LLC2.18 miles away1728 Holmes St Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 6 (816) 381-6167
- Swope Dialysis3.32 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center3.97 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098