Clara Manor Nursing Home is located in Kansas City, Missouri, which is among the largest cities in the nation. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Kansas City, which is a B-. You can definitely do worse than this place. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive nursing score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Clara Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In forming our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clara Manor Nursing Home?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This indicates CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent danger to resident health or safety. We really did not consider anything on this nursing home's inspection reports to be too alarming.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area was long-term care, which is the final category we scored. In this area, we gave this nursing home a D. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 90.57377 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is quite a bit less than average. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clara Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 88.53% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clara Manor Nursing Home, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 1.12 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 1.5 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Davita - Westport Renal Center0.57 miles away3947 Broadway Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 531-1181
- Davita Mission Dialysis1.43 miles away2852 W 47th Ave Kansas City Kansas 66103Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 403-1843
- Childrens Mercy Hospital Dialysis1.52 miles away2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 10 (816) 234-3100
- Penn Valley Dialysis Center1.59 miles away2502 Summit Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 531-1118
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood2.01 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Home Dialysis Services Kc Midtown LLC2.18 miles away1728 Holmes St Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 6 (816) 381-6167
- Swope Dialysis3.32 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center3.97 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098