Located in Belleville, New Jersey, Clara Maass Medical Center is the lone option located in this city. This is an A+ facility. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires top-notch performance across the board. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which may add peace of mind for prospective residents with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. As you can find below, this facility performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Clara Maass Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in short-term care. Our short-term care scores are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Clara Maass Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very strong score. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. It doesn't look like this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last area, this facility also was given a first-rate nursing rating, with a grade of A. This topped off an elite profile. The nursing grade weighs a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clara Maass Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clara Maass Medical Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clara Maass Medical Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 5.35 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Fkc Belleville0.17 miles away36 Newark Avenue Suite 304 Belleville New Jersey 07109Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 450-0385
- Fmc Bloomfield Dc1.05 miles away206 Belleville Avenue Bloomfield New Jersey 07003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 680-8100
- Fmc North Newark1.11 miles away155 Berkeley Avenue Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 412-0066
- Davita East Orange Dialysis2.51 miles away14-20 Prospect Street East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (973) 672-2025
- Ara Dialysis at East Orange2.54 miles away20 Sussex Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 266-1093
- Fmc East Orange Dc2.75 miles away110 South Grove Street East Orange New Jersey 07018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 414-6100
- Davita Renal Center of Newark2.83 miles away571 Central Ave Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 484-4994
- Mountainside Hospital3.06 miles awayDialysis Unit 1 Bay Avenue Montclair New Jersey 07042Dialysis Stations: 30 (973) 429-6767