Clapps Nursing Center is located in Pleasant Garden, North Carolina. The city has a total of 6,962 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires solid scores in most areas. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Clapps Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this place really excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Not many facilities fared better in that area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Clapps Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category ended up being short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a B-. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most meaningful for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility received an acceptable nursing grade of C. Our nursing grade includes a host of data points. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clapps Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clapps Nursing Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clapps Nursing Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clapps Nursing Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.01% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clapps Nursing Center, 87.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clapps Nursing Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clapps Nursing Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Clapps Nursing Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clapps Nursing Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clapps Nursing Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clapps Nursing Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Alamance Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1240 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington North Carolina 27216Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 538-7000
- Randolph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away364 White Oak Street Asheboro North Carolina 27204Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 625-5151
- Bma of South Greensboro Inc4.78 miles away622 Industrial Avenue Greensboro North Carolina 27406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (336) 271-8178
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro8.82 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Biomedical Applications of North Carolina Inc9.1 miles away924 3rd Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405Dialysis Stations: 24 (336) 274-5969
- Fmc of East Greensboro9.19 miles away3839 Burlington Road Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 358-1233
- Greensboro Kidney Center10.96 miles away2700 Henry Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (336) 375-1400
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University12.42 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910
- Triad Dialysis Center12.81 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point13.41 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046