Clapps Nursing Center is located in Pleasant Garden, North Carolina. The city has a total of 6,962 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires solid scores in most areas. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clapps Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pleasant Garden senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this place also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in this category, with an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a strong long-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that area with a score of B+. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Clapps Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of C in this category. Our short-term care grades are critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility's worst area was nursing, which is the final category we looked at. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. The nursing rating is based on many subcategories, many of which are based on nursing hours. This facility offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clapps Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clapps Nursing Center, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which experienced falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clapps Nursing Center, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clapps Nursing Center, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clapps Nursing Center, 3.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clapps Nursing Center, 88.29% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clapps Nursing Center, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clapps Nursing Center, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Clapps Nursing Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clapps Nursing Center, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clapps Nursing Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clapps Nursing Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Alamance Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1240 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington North Carolina 27216Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 538-7000
- Randolph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away364 White Oak Street Asheboro North Carolina 27204Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 625-5151
- Bma of South Greensboro Inc4.78 miles away622 Industrial Avenue Greensboro North Carolina 27406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (336) 271-8178
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro8.82 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Biomedical Applications of North Carolina Inc9.1 miles away924 3rd Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405Dialysis Stations: 24 (336) 274-5969
- Fmc of East Greensboro9.19 miles away3839 Burlington Road Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 358-1233
- Greensboro Kidney Center10.96 miles away2700 Henry Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (336) 375-1400
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University12.42 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910
- Triad Dialysis Center12.81 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point13.41 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046