Clairidge House is an average-sized nursing home located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave it an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. Nursing ratings are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below average. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this statistic.
Does this page answer your questions about Clairidge House?
Long-term Care Quality
The next best area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. Long-term care grades are essential for residents seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 88.96104 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a D in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is considered to be a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. With a grade of this caliber for this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility was below average in several staffing figures we looked at. The nursing home supplied significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clairidge House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clairidge House, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clairidge House, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clairidge House, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clairidge House, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clairidge House, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clairidge House, 6.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clairidge House, 92.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clairidge House, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clairidge House, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Clairidge House, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clairidge House, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Kenosha, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kenosha, Wisconsin has 6 other nursing homes
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Ascension All Saints HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away3801 Spring St Racine Wisconsin 53405Voluntary non-profit - Church(262) 687-4011
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.46 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Kidney Replacement Therapies2.77 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha3.11 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center4.99 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Racine8.04 miles away5409 Durand Ave Racine Wisconsin 53406Dialysis Stations: 17 (262) 554-7481
- Fmc - Zion8.11 miles away1920 Sheridan Road Zion Illinois 60099Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 731-7010
- Davita - Harbor View Dialysis9.56 miles away3113 Washington Ave Racine Wisconsin 53405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (262) 632-0120
- Davita - Willow Creek Dialysis9.8 miles away1139 Warwick Way Racine Wisconsin 53406CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 884-2730
- Beach Park Dialysis11.98 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250