With an address in Franklin, Tennessee, Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr is one of four facilities in the city. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. This facility does not seem to have much going for it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it didn't perform as poorly in the area of nursing. We awarded it a C for that category. There are several subcategories within this area. Most of the factors reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this nursing home a C for our long-term care rating, which isn't a bad grade. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 97.606384 percent of its patients, which is a very solid datapoint. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr?
Unfortunately, this place received an F for its inspection score. This is an important category. Scores in this range generally mean we found red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. When a place has this poor of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care, where this facility was given a poor score here also. It received an F for this area, which is definitely a major concern. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With a grade this poor for this category, we weren't shocked to learn this facility was below average in two of the key staffing metrics we looked at. The nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 8.67% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 89.63% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Franklin, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Franklin, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.41 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.29 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.99 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.06 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Rcg Franklin2.89 miles away1120 Lakeview Drive Suite 400 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 599-9810
- Williamson County Dialysis3.21 miles away3983 Carothers Pkwy Suite E-4 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 9 (615) 794-4423
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Franklin, LLC10.86 miles away8048 Station Hill Dr Spring Hill Tennessee 37174Dialysis Stations: 13 (931) 489-9009
- Dci Southern Hills14.46 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Dialysis Associates, LLC14.89 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis14.98 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis15.09 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic15.16 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676