With an address in Franklin, Tennessee, Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr is one of four facilities in the city. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. This facility does not seem to have much going for it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
200 Strahl Street,
Franklin TN 37064
66.49% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category grades gave us much to highlight here. Its best category was long-term care, but even there we gave it just a D. This is still not a good score. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 96.26666 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable datapoint. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing grades are largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this nursing home received just a D in this category. Short-term care grades are generally used to score a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. With its score in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The final category we looked at is inspections. This facility didn't receive glowing government inspections in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F. For nursing homes with bad inspection ratings, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 9.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 89.05% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Claiborne and Hughes Hlth Cntr, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Franklin, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Franklin, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.41 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.29 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.99 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.06 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Rcg Franklin2.89 miles away1120 Lakeview Drive Suite 400 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 599-9810
- Williamson County Dialysis3.21 miles away3983 Carothers Pkwy Suite E-4 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 9 (615) 794-4423
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Franklin, LLC10.86 miles away8048 Station Hill Dr Spring Hill Tennessee 37174Dialysis Stations: 13 (931) 489-9009
- Dci Southern Hills14.46 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Dialysis Associates, LLC14.89 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis14.98 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis15.09 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic15.16 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676