Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio which has 769,341 people. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cleveland, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6606 Carnegie Ave,
Cleveland OH 44103
62.6% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category scores gave us anything to write home about. This place's best category was nursing, but even there it received just a D. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
We also wanted to point out this facility's inspection score where it received a lowly F. This generally means we found some red flags on its inspection reports. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection rating. We would scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Does this page answer your questions about Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home received an F. Facilities that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated 70.77748 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly below average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Comunity Dialysis Center1.15 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.17 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis1.57 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Community Dialysis Center1.65 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.26 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis2.9 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867