Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio which has 769,341 people. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 25 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in our long-term care category. We provide more information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This facility had 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This tells you that it dodged the more serious categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing grade analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a a terrible score in our long-term care area. It received an F in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 84.53039 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit lower than the national average. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care, where this facility was given a rock bottom score in this area also. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is obviously somewhat alarming. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. With its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 0.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 42.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 70.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 29.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.79% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.79% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 35.35% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Comunity Dialysis Center1.15 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.17 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis1.57 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Community Dialysis Center1.65 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.26 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis2.9 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867