Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio which has 769,341 people. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cleveland, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's grades are horrible across the board. We especially wanted to draw your attention to its inspection grade where we gave it an F. This isn't a good sign for its government inspection reports. When a nursing home has this bad of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This facility had 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this facility an F. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development was the F this facility received in the category of short-term care. In calculating these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is a rock bottom score. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the vaccine to just 72.46753 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cityview Nursing & Rehab Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.93 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Comunity Dialysis Center1.15 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.17 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis1.57 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Community Dialysis Center1.65 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.26 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program2.27 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis2.9 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867