Cityview Care Center is a very-large non-profit facility in Fort Worth, Texas. This nursing home is a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Fort Worth, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Cityview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in this area with an A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating turns out to be one of its more favorable features. The nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.63033 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cityview Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable category we gave this nursing home in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Short-term care scores are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The important question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Moving on to the final area, this nursing home was given an acceptable nursing score of B-. We scrutinized the levels of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cityview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cityview Care Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cityview Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cityview Care Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cityview Care Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cityview Care Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cityview Care Center, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cityview Care Center, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cityview Care Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cityview Care Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Cityview Care Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cityview Care Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cityview Care Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cityview Care Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.78 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.2 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Hulen Dialysis1.03 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin1.17 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.52 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.47 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.69 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC5 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.65 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822