Cityview Care Center is a very-large non-profit facility in Fort Worth, Texas. This nursing home received an uninspiring overall grade of D in our grading scheme. This place seems to have very little going for it. The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Cityview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5801 Bryant Irvin Rd,
Fort Worth TX 76132
58.76% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a solid score in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 98.57482 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cityview Care Center?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing grade weighs quite a few components, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in short-term care. This is the facility's least impressive category score. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more critical for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cityview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cityview Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cityview Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cityview Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cityview Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cityview Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cityview Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cityview Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cityview Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cityview Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Cityview Care Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cityview Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cityview Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cityview Care Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.78 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.2 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Hulen Dialysis1.03 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin1.17 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.52 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.47 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.69 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC5 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.65 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822