City View Multicare Center is a facility in Cicero, Illinois, which has a population of 84,573 people. This facility was given an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Cicero. The city has just one other nursing home. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
City View Multicare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: City View Multicare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities grades were terrible across the board. In particular, we wanted to draw your attention to its poor long-term care grade where it received an F. Facilities that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 74.78849 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is quite a few points less than average. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of F. There are a host of factors included in this area. Most of these subcategories reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home offered a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about City View Multicare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Our next area we assessed was short-term care, in which this facility was given an F. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is more often than not a solid measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. With a grade of this caliber in this area, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home was well below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Turning our last category of inspections, this facility received an F here. Since this data is collected by government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. For places with bad inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 8 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
City View Multicare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In City View Multicare Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In City View Multicare Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In City View Multicare Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In City View Multicare Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In City View Multicare Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In City View Multicare Center, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In City View Multicare Center, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In City View Multicare Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In City View Multicare Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In City View Multicare Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In City View Multicare Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In City View Multicare Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In City View Multicare Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.5 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Fmc - Cicero1.6 miles away3000 S Cicero Ave Cicero Illinois 60804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (708) 652-7089
- Fmc - Berwyn1.78 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit2.31 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis2.38 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center2.53 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center2.76 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis2.97 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center3.32 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680