Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital is one of four nursing homes in Covina, California. Sporting an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt a top-shelf nursing home. As a matter of fact, this is actually the best facility in the city. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistent ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we awarded this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a first-rate grade. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last category we assessed, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A- in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses worked with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Covina, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Covina, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Citrus Dialysis Center0.1 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina0.23 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC2.68 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale2.68 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis2.76 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center2.88 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center2.97 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora3.09 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553