Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital is one of four nursing homes in Covina, California. Sporting an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt a top-shelf nursing home. As a matter of fact, this is actually the best facility in the city. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistent ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Covina senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Covina, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. Adding to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A in the area. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final area, we awarded this facility an A for its nursing score. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these data points as predictive measures of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital, 5.33% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital, 63.02% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Covina, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Covina, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Citrus Dialysis Center0.1 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina0.23 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC2.68 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Fmc-Irwindale2.68 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis2.76 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center2.88 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center2.97 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora3.09 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553