Citadel Care Center-Wilmette is in Wilmette, Illinois. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the top ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end grades, this facility was given a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in this category. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Citadel Care Center-Wilmette?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care, where this facility was given a C. This actually proved to be this facility's weakest area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. In determining our long-term care grades, we size up the assistance with daily living offered to the nursing home's patients. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home gave the vaccine to just 78.03468 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.61 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.85 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.22 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.82 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC4.49 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis5.32 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis6.19 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles6.78 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334