Citadel Care Center-Wilmette is in Wilmette, Illinois. This is an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the top ratings we offer. A score of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are as good as they get. As you can find below, this facility also performed just fine in our category grades. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. Our inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also performed well in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Only a select group of facilities received a better grade in this category. Short-term care scores are important for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Citadel Care Center-Wilmette?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing rating includes a handful of datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. This facility was given a favorable nursing rating this year, with a grade of B. While this was not nearly as elite as many of its other category grades, this is still one of our stronger grades for that category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 93.64162 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.61 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.85 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.22 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.82 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC4.49 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis5.32 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis6.19 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles6.78 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334