Citadel Care Center-Wilmette is in Wilmette, Illinois. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the top ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. As you can see below, this facility also performed well in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wilmette senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a top-shelf score of A in our short-term care category. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is generally a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Citadel Care Center-Wilmette?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating includes a handful of datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ for this area. This rounded out a very strong report card. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Citadel Care Center-Wilmette Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 31.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 87.05% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Citadel Care Center-Wilmette, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.61 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.85 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.22 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.82 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC4.49 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis5.32 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis6.19 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles6.78 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334