Crescent Care Elgin is an average-sized facility located in Elgin, Illinois. It looks like this facility is a lower end nursing home. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Elgin. The city has just three other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crescent Care Elgin
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Elgin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 10 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area is its short-term care score, where it was given a grade of C. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crescent Care Elgin?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care. This nursing home's received an abysmal long-term care score where it received an F. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 90.4 percent of its residents. This is multiple points less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
The final category we assessed is nursing. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is a poor score. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crescent Care Elgin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crescent Care Elgin, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crescent Care Elgin, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crescent Care Elgin, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crescent Care Elgin, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crescent Care Elgin, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crescent Care Elgin, 31.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crescent Care Elgin, 87.05% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crescent Care Elgin, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crescent Care Elgin, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Crescent Care Elgin, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crescent Care Elgin, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crescent Care Elgin, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crescent Care Elgin, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Elgin, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Elgin, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 6.92 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis1.61 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Fkc - Elgin2.73 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Dialysis Care Center - Elgin3.17 miles away995 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Dialysis Stations: 14 (815) 714-7171
- Fmc - of Elgin4.05 miles away2130 Point Blvd. Suite 800 Elgin Illinois 60123CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (847) 428-3605
- Davita - Silverbridge Home Training4.11 miles away2410 Alft Lane, Ste 101 Elgin Illinois 60124Dialysis Stations: 4 (847) 289-5628
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis4.58 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center6.48 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Davita - Carpentersville6.6 miles away2203 Randall Rd Carpentersville Illinois 60110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 426-6456