Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is just one of 20 options in El Paso, Texas. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This nursing home has some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we gave it a grade of A- in that area, which is one of our highest scores. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades was in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B. Short-term care scores are vital for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final area we looked at is nursing, which is this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. Sadly, this category pulled down the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. Our nursing score is based on quite a few subcategories, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 7.69 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 11.14 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 11.25 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 18.92 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Fkc - El Paso West0.56 miles away1430 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912Dialysis Stations: 13 (915) 584-5400
- Davita Canutillo Dialysis2.42 miles away7251 S Desert Blvd Canutillo Texas 79835Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 877-4900
- Upper Valley Dialysis3.55 miles away7933 N Mesa Suite H El Paso Texas 79932CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (915) 832-0555
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis5.71 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007
- Mission Hills Dialysis5.75 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Dsi El Paso North, LLC7.9 miles away3359 Fred Wilson Ave El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 304-5816
- Transmountain Dialysis7.9 miles away5800 Woodrow Bean El Paso Texas 79924CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 759-6532
- Mountain Pass Dialysis8.29 miles away5612 Dyer Street El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 564-5052