Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is just one of 20 options in El Paso, Texas. With an overall rating of D, this is a lower end nursing home. This nursing home has very little working in its favor. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in El Paso, Texas Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid facilities with a list of deficiencies flagged. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. Our long-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's volume of nursing care. This means a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a C. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is frequently a meaningful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The final category we assessed is nursing. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in this area. Our nursing grade includes quite a few subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cimarron Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 7.69 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 11.14 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 11.25 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 18.92 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Fkc - El Paso West0.56 miles away1430 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912Dialysis Stations: 13 (915) 584-5400
- Davita Canutillo Dialysis2.42 miles away7251 S Desert Blvd Canutillo Texas 79835Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 877-4900
- Upper Valley Dialysis3.55 miles away7933 N Mesa Suite H El Paso Texas 79932CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (915) 832-0555
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis5.71 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007
- Mission Hills Dialysis5.75 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Dsi El Paso North, LLC7.9 miles away3359 Fred Wilson Ave El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 304-5816
- Transmountain Dialysis7.9 miles away5800 Woodrow Bean El Paso Texas 79924CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 759-6532
- Mountain Pass Dialysis8.29 miles away5612 Dyer Street El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 564-5052