Cibolo Creek is in Boerne, Texas. The city has a population of 37,160 people. This is a decent nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Boerne. At the end of the day, this nursing home ought to be a good fit for quite a few people. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with an A-. This is a notably better score than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.809525 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cibolo Creek?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B- in this category. Our short-term care scores are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last category we looked at was nursing. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a C. When determining our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cibolo Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cibolo Creek, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cibolo Creek, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cibolo Creek, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which had a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cibolo Creek, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cibolo Creek, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cibolo Creek, 4.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cibolo Creek, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cibolo Creek, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cibolo Creek, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Cibolo Creek, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cibolo Creek, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cibolo Creek, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cibolo Creek, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Boerne, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boerne, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Legent Orthopedic + SpineAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away5330 North Loop 1604 West San Antonio Texas 78249Proprietary(717) 620-2424
- South Texas Spine and Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away18600 North Hardy Oak Blvd San Antonio Texas 78258Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 404-0800
- Methodist Stone Oak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.53 miles away1139 E Sonterra Blvd, Ste 535 San Antonio Texas 78258Proprietary(210) 638-2100
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of San AntonioAcute Care Hospitals 19.03 miles away9522 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 478-5400
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital NwAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away9150 Huebner Rd Suite 100 San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 575-5000
- Baptist Emergency HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.8 miles away16088 San Pedro San Antonio Texas 78232Proprietary(210) 402-4092
- Boerne Dialysis Center1.28 miles away1369 Main Street Boerne Texas 78006Dialysis Stations: 12 (830) 249-1491
- Us Renal Care Boerne Dialysis1.49 miles away1595 South Main Suite 107 Boerne Texas 78006Dialysis Stations: 16 (830) 816-3030
- Fmc San Antonio, LLC15.33 miles away5418 N Loop 1604 W Ste 120 San Antonio Texas 78249Dialysis Stations: 13 (210) 561-7879
- Innovative Dialysis Solutions at Home, Pllc15.72 miles away2795 Bulverde Rd Suite B Bulverde Texas 78163Dialysis Stations: 2 (830) 428-0524
- North Central Kidney Disease Center17.89 miles away116 Gallery Circle #102 San Antonio Texas 78258Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 499-4003
- Stone Oak Dialysis18.07 miles away731 Carnoustie Drive #101 San Antonio Texas 78258CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 403-2162
- Lockehill Kidney Disease Clinic18.77 miles away10134 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Dialysis Stations: 15 (210) 641-6000
- Floyd Curl Dialysis19.14 miles away9238 Floyd Curl Drive, Suite 102 San Antonio Texas 78240Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 561-4373