Church of God Home is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. With an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a quality choice. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Carlisle. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Church of God Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for this area, which is one of our best grades. Our inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are a number of subcategories within this area. Most of these factors relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Church of God Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded a strong short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that area with a score of B. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for our long-term care category. This was the facility's worst category rating. Unfortunately, this category hurt the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Church of God Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Church of God Home, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Church of God Home, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who have suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Church of God Home, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Church of God Home, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Church of God Home, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Church of God Home, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Church of God Home, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Church of God Home, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Church of God Home, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Church of God Home, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Church of God Home, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Church of God Home, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Church of God Home, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Carlisle, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Carlisle, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Carlisle Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away361 Alexander Spring Road Carlisle Pennsylvania 17015Proprietary(717) 249-1212
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles awayFourth and Walnut Streets Lebanon Pennsylvania 17042Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 270-7500
- Holy Spirit HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away503 North 21st Street Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Voluntary non-profit - Private(717) 763-2100
- Pennsylvania Psychiatric InstitutePsychiatric 15.71 miles away2501 North Third Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17110Proprietary(717) 782-4742
- Pinnacle Health HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 16.34 miles away409 South Second Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17105Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 782-5181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cumberland0.77 miles away254 East High Street Carlisle Pennsylvania 17013Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 240-2944
- Wooten Dialysis, LLC0.87 miles away419 Village Dr., Suite 10 Carlisle Pennsylvania 17015Dialysis Stations: 12 (717) 218-5104
- u.s. Renal Care - Carlisle1.52 miles away101 Noble Boulevard, Suite 103 Carlisle Pennsylvania 17013Dialysis Stations: 14 (717) 258-3099
- Dialysis Care Center - Mechanicsburg LLC8.3 miles away4 Flowers Drive, Suite 1 Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 17050Dialysis Stations: 11 (717) 795-4665
- u.s. Renal Care Mechanicsburg9.49 miles away120 South Filbert Street Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 17055Dialysis Stations: 15 (717) 790-6080
- u.s. Renal Care - Camp Hill13.07 miles away158 South 32nd Street, Suite 19 Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 731-0506
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.13.5 miles away390 E. Penn Drive Enola Pennsylvania 17025Dialysis Stations: 2 (717) 732-3274
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Camp Hill13.82 miles away240 Grandview Avenue, Suite 200 Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Dialysis Stations: 18 (717) 737-7800