Located in Clinton Township, Michigan, Church of Christ Care Center is one of just three facilities in this area. This facility was given an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a well below average score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most people. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Church of Christ Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a poor overall score, we gave it a fairly respectable grade in nursing, where it received a B-. This was better than its other category scores. When computing our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 91.666664 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit below what we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Church of Christ Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area was its short-term care grade, where it was given a C. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Moving on the last category of inspections, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our inspection category. This proved to be this facility's weakest category. We take a poor score in this category very seriously. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. You should be most cautious when considering a facility that has severe deficiencies on a recent inspection report. This particular facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by the government inspectors had the potential to create actual harm to patients. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This generally indicates that a facility's poor performance spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Church of Christ Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Church of Christ Care Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Church of Christ Care Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have had a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Church of Christ Care Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Church of Christ Care Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Church of Christ Care Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Church of Christ Care Center, 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Church of Christ Care Center, 91.43% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Church of Christ Care Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Church of Christ Care Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Church of Christ Care Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Church of Christ Care Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Church of Christ Care Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Church of Christ Care Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.37 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 16.85 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton2.07 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center4.71 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664
- Fmc - St Clair Shores4.71 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC5.91 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita6.02 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center6.02 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis6.04 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank6.69 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150